Zoning Permits are required for all projects.
Common projects include New Home, Garage, Addition, Roofing, Siding, Windows, Deck, Fence, Remodel, MFG Home, and Demo.
If you are uncertain, please contact City Hall.
Zoning Permits $25
Information you will need for your permit include:
- Location of your lot lines
- Dimensions of your lot
- Description of what you are building
- Address where you are building
- A drawing of the building placed on the lot showing that the setback requirements have been met for the area your lot is zoned as
- Payment of zoning permit fee to the City of Mabel
- Zoning permit from the City of Mabel BEFORE construction begins.
|Front Yard||25 ft (from curb line)||25 ft (from curb line)|
|Side Yard||6 ft (from property line)||6 ft (from property line)|
|Rear Yard||25 ft||30 ft|
|Corner Lots||30-30 ft||25-25 ft|
The application is to be filed with the City Clerk’s Office. The Zoning Administrator will review the application to determine that the proposed construction meets current zoning. Final approval is given by the city council monthly at their meetings.
If work begins before a zoning permit is approved, the property owner may receive a fine.